KEEP YOUR HAIR SHINY & HEALTY
10 Easy Ways to Get Shiny, Healthy Hair
1. Say yes to hair serum.
2. Use a leave-in conditioner.
3. Wash with cool water.
4. Be smart about blow-drying.
5. Spray on the shine.
6. Switch to a silicone flatiron.
7. Get a glossing treatment.
8. Hydrate your body.
9. Eat nutritious foods.
10. Avoid harsh chemicals.
COLOR-TREATED HAIR TIPS
How To Protect Color-Treated Hair
1. Strengthen Your Color-Treated Hair in Preparation for the Next Color Process
2. Use a Clarifying Shampoo on Color-Treated Hair Just Before Coloring
3. After your salon coloring visit, hold off on shampooing your hair for as long as you can
4. Use a flat iron on your color-treated hair to seal in the dye
5. Don’t Shampoo Your Color-Treated Hair Too Often
6. When You Shampoo Color-Treated Hair, Use Cold Water
8. Use a Color-Protecting Shampoo on Color-Treated Hair
9. Use a Color- Protecting Conditioner Every Time You Shampoo Color-Treated Hair
10. Rinse Conditioner Out at the End of Your Shower
11. Use a Leave-In Conditioner on Your Color-Treated Hair to Lock In Moisture
12. Hot Oil Treatments are Another Option to Help Protect Color-Treated Hair
13. Check the Labels on Styling Products to Determine the Best Match For Your Hair Type
14. If Your Color –Treated Hair is Fine or Thin, Look for Color-Protecting Styling Products with Thickening Agents
15. If Your Color-Treated Hair is Frizzy, Look for Color-Protecting Styling Products That Smooth
16. If Your Colored Hair Looks Dull, Use a Color-Protecting Gloss with Serum or a Shine Spray
17. When Going Outside, Be Diligent About Spritzing a UV-Protecting Spray on Your Color-Treated Hair
18. Before Going Swimming, Rinse Your Color-Treated Hair With Fresh Water
19. Cut Back On the Use of Hot Tools to Protect Color-Treated Hair
STYLE YOUR HAIR DAILY
Taking care of your hair
1. Get it really wet.
2. Use a small amount of shampoo. A squirt about the size of a quarter is enough.
3. Massage the shampoo into your scalp. Don't scrub the scalp too hard.
4. Rinse really well, until you don't see any more bubbles or suds on your head or going down the drain.
5. Gently dry your hair with a towel.
6. Comb it out carefully with a wide-tooth comb, especially if it's curly. Don't yank or tug on it, because that can break the hair or pull it out.
7. Let your hair air dry whenever you can. Hair dryers can be tough on hair.